†††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††† ERITH YACHT CLUB

GENERAL COMMITTEE MEETING

Date of Meeting Monday28th February 2005 8.00pm

†††††† ††††††††††††††††

1. Present††††††††††††††††††

††††††††††† †††††† Chair††††††††† Adrian Reeves††††† †††††††††††††††††† AR

†††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††† †††Ann Finck††††††††††††††††††††††††††††† AF

††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††† George Mees†††††††††††††††††††††††† GM††† †††††††††††††††††††††††††

†††††††††††††††††††††††† †††††††††† ††Val Torreggiani†††††††††††††††††††††† VT

††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††† Paul Gladden††††††††††††††††††††††††† PG

††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††† Bob Taylor†††††††††††††††††††††††††††† RT††††††

††††††††††††††††††††††† ††††††††††††† Sarah Taylor†††††††††††††††††††††††††† ST

††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††† Iain Buckland ††††††††††††††††††††††† IB††††† 8.25

††††††††††††††††††††††† ††††††††††††† Colin Twyford††††††††††††††††††††††† CT††††

††††††††††† ††† ††††††††††††††††††† ††Alan Cooper††††††††††††††††††††††††† AC

††††††††††††††††††††††† ††††††††††††† Roger Lambell††††††††††††††††††††† RL

††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††† Jim Freeman†† ††††††††††††††††††††††† JF

††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††† †† Sarah Mees††††††††††††††††††††††††† SM

†††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††† Fred Finck†††††††††††††††††††††††††† FF

††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††† †† John Edmonds†††††††††††††††††††††† JE

 

†††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††† Rachel Sheridan††††††† -†††††††† Member

 

2. Apologies††††††††††††††† Dudley Davies††††††††††††††††††††† DD

†††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††

††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††

3. Minutes 10th January 2005

††† Minutes accepted and signed

 

4. Matters Arising

        First Aid Boxes are in place.

        It was agreed that the letter from George Reynolds (YMCA) stating the terms upon which EYC would share the expenses and maintenance of the mini-tractor were acceptable and that the Committee would thank George on behalf of the Club.

        Invitation to tender for terracing the slipway was not circulated due to the fact that it was considered a Tender should have a more detailed specification.It was suggested that an Invitation to Quote would be more suitable.

5. Officer of the Day

None

6. Membership

  1. Andrew Wrafter attended the meeting and met the Committee. His application for

††††††††††† Membership was accepted.He was welcomed to the Club.

  1. PG suggested that on Membership Application Form 2006 members should be reminded that change of status requires agreement of the General Committee

††† ††c.The following memberís requests to change status within the club were agreed.

††††††††††† Mike Bell†††††††††††††††††† full to up-river

Robert Bushell††††††††††† youth to full

Shane Butcher††† †††††††††youth jn. to youth sen.

Derek Harmer†††††††††††† full to up-river

Sheila Hamilton††††††††† family to full

Les Land†††††††††††††††††††† full to up-river

Joe Simms†††††††††††††††††† full to up-river

Ann Twyford†††††††††††††† family to up-rive

7. Secretary

  1. The application to vary our existing Club Registration Certificate (Bar Licence) is underway.Submission date is 9th May.Building Control on 7th March 2005 will make a visit to EYC.
  2. Darren Leigh has donated the cradle to Gallant to the Club for sale for Club funds.Sealed bids to the Secretary.

 

8. Treasurer†††

a.        Membership fees are mainly received and Standing Orders are mainly set up.

b.        £15,168 under Moorings is mainly due to the new PLA fees, which were backdated to October 2004.

c.        Moorings barge expenses are mainly in 2004 accounts.

d.        Rachel Sheridan is progressing with entering figures for 2004 on SAGE.She requested certain items from the Treasurer to enable her to complete these figures.

e.        Brushes purchased @ £77.JE

f.          VM requested that £1000 be swept from the Bar Account to High Interest Account.

g.        Sinking Fund/Contingency Fund it was discussed as to what figure would be regarded as sufficient for this fund?Was it ring fenced and for what?At what level would the Fund stop?This matter is to be discussed in future Committee meetings.

h.        Details of the Mortimer Ford Fund are to be sought and brought to the Committee.

VM pointed out that it was the responsibility of the Club to ensure a Trust is used in the way specified.††††††††††††††††††††††††††††† †††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††VT/ IB

i.          CT enquired about monies unspent from the previous Grant. It was understood that this money was held in the ring fenced Project Fund.Enquiries to ascertain this††††††††† IB

††††

9. Wine Committee

  1. A successful evening was held on Saturday 26th February.Ray Leask was thanked for his donation which made a positive boost to the bar takings.All involved were thanked for their help.
  2. We are in process of applying for the new licence which will require:

††††††††††††††††††††††††††† Plans of site and Club ship

††††††††††††††††††††††††††† Club Rules (possibly only those referring to the Bar)

††††††††††††††††††††††††††† Clarification of requirements of the Club†††††††††††††††††††††††††††††† ††††††††††††††††††

10. Sailing

a.Sailing programme in on the Website but there are two changes:

12th June†††††††††† Erith†††††††††††††††††† Travellers Trophy

26th June†††††††††† Gravesend††††††††† Travellers Trophy

b.Frostbite 26th/27th March.

c.Congratulations to those attending the Race Officerís Course who gained Erith some††††† kudos as eight Members attended and achieved the following:†††††

2 Club Race Officers††††† Baz Elmes and Hendrick Feddersen

5 Race Officers Plus†††††† Graham Campbell, Richard Banner, Emma Crompton, Robert

Harle and Dawn Snape.

1 Regional Race OfficerSarah Mees

d.†† Harvester is refurbished and will be made ready for use as a Committee Boat.

e.†† 11 new flags are required for the Race Office.††† RT to purchase†††††††† ††††††††††††††††††RT†††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††

 

 

 

 

 

††††††

11. Moorings

a.        Dudley Davies has stepped down as Moorings Chair; George Mees has agreed to take over this role.Dudley is thanked for all his input and hard work over the years.

b.        Chris Westwood has resigned after five year as Secretary to the Committee.He is thanked for his work over the past years.He intends to continue to work on Moorings in a manual capacity.

c.        DD informed the Committee that the chop-saw purchased recently has broken down and is to be returned.It is requested that a heavier chop-saw would be more useful.£200 requested for this purchase.

Proposed†††††††††††† Paul Gladden†††††††††††††††††††††††††††† Seconded†††††† Fred Finck

††††††††††† Agreed

†††††

12. House

  1. House Committee to sit Tuesday lst March.Request for suggestions for jobs.
  2. JF suggested the aft deck, Ventilation vents, Tractor shed security, Dinghy shed walls.
  3. Opportunity to have scrapings at £60 a load was taken up.Three loads agreed

Proposed†††††††† Robert Taylor††††††††††††††††††††† Seconded††††† John Edmonds

  1. Heating on Function deck was discussed.It was pointed out that the present calor gas

Heaters could prove dangerous.RL agreed that calor gas could create a poor atmosphere.House Committee will look into the possibility of electrical heating.

  1. First Aid.†† Philip Snape has asked who has First Aid qualifications so a list can be

Produced.PG pointed out that all instructors were First Aiders.He will supply Philip with a list.

  1. After much discussion the Committee agreed to accept Mullenís quote for the terracing.

c. £5,000.

13. Social

a.       We have the possibility of an overnight sailing trip on Thames Sailing Barge, Repertor, at the beginning of May. It is not cheap but food and Jim Lawrence are included in the price!Details to be circulated.

b.      It was agreed that a Barn Dance be organised for Open Weekend, Saturday 3rd September if possible.

14. Youth

a.       Three Youth members gained Race Officer qualifications.

b.      PG hopes to organise training for Youth Members in order that they might partake in the Honda Rib Competition.SE Area Competition to be held the week before Southampton Boat Show.

15. Rules

  1. Rules Committee will sit before the next Committee Meeting in order to view and discuss amendments prior to presenting to the General Committee.

16. Training

a.       Thursday evenings are going well.A minimum of 10 persons attend each week.

b.      First Aid course will be held on April 10th and 17th at 7.30 pm at a cost of £10.The evening will last two hours and will be held by Jim Ellis.Application to Paul Gladden

c.       Radio Courses for DSC radios are planned.Each course will cost £20.

17. Project

a.      Brian Pettitt has found it necessary to resign from the Project Committee due to work commitments.He is thanked for his many years of work on behalf of the Club

b.      Planning Application is now awaiting approval.

c.       The project has been registered with Entrust.

d.      Details of the pontoon have been registered with the PLA who have offered approval in principal at this point.

18. Security

a.        The new controller is working well.

b.        Bulbs are now being installed correctly but 4000hr bulbs would prove longer lasting but more costly @ £50.It was agreed that AC should test and purchase a set of the improved bulbs.

Proposed ††††††Sara Taylor††††††††††††††††††††††††† Seconded†††† John Edmonds

19. AOB

††††† a.††† CASC Application is about to be made††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††† VT/IB/VM

b.      RL asked about keys, which hold a £5 deposit but no longer open the main gate.

VT replied she was informed that these keys would become necessary for security purposes.This matter is to be addressed at the next Committee meeting.

 

 

Meeting Closed:††† 9.45 pm

Next Meeting:†††††† Monday, April 4th 2005

 

†††††††††† vmbt†† 01.03.05

 

††††††††††